1. This PowerPoint was created when I developed a series of lessons with accompanying activities when Palm Pilots where first introduced as a tool to include technology in the classroom. Also Casio Data Analyzer Probes where used along with several Web 2.0 tools
2. This was a presentation on museums impact as a tool to informal learning. Museums, galleries, zoos, Girls & Boys Clubs, Scouting, and summer camps are all useful experiences outside of the classroom and aid to compliment the formal educational setting. (2004)
3. This presentation was prepared for my Outreach Programs for the museum to be used with upper elementary and middle school students. It gave students a visual to go along with having the opportunity to touch meteorites that I brought for them to view from space. All of the samples they were able to view are more than 4.56 billion years old. Several million years older than Earth. (02.28.2017)
4. This presentation was used to accompany the grant proposal to upgrade technology in the gallery. It focused on the areas of concern and how we wish to make the changes along with the use of Chromebooks to be incorporated into the Outreach program to make it more interactive using the Web 2.0 tool called Nearpod. (08.17.2017)
5. This PowerPoint presentation contained several United Streaming videos, but this version of Weebly would not let me re-embed the videos without up-grading. Again this is not interactive but it does contain several video clips that were embedded within the presentation. This was done several years before the district's STaR requirements where enacted for all schools within the state. (09.09/2017)
6. This PowerPoint was prepared for high school science classes to accompany the presentation on meteorites as well as to show information on careers in astronomy, geology, meteoritrics, etc. It was used during school Career Day visits. There was no video or interactive component to this at the time; it was strictly for information. This presentation was done before I learned about using YouTube to create a more interactive video type presentation. I plan to develop this into a YouTube presentation with the use of the Nearpod app. (2010)
7. I was selected for a program to help educators to incorporate more of the outdoors into a place-based learning and a sense of place settings by using resources in your local areas. The state of Texas is great for outdoor resources, but the training was done in the Grand Tetons of Jackson Hole, WY. It was an experience of a life time. My love for mountains only grew greater! All of the pictures in this presentation was taken by me with a very small camera. I was surprised at the quality of the photos since I am not a good photographer. These are just a few of the slides that comprised the presentation that was given to co-workers upon our return.(2014)
8. This is the PowerPoint presentation that was prepared to accompany the multimedia presentation for ETEC 562 Technology Integration. This project forced me to really stretch my knowledge and add skills that I had never used before in creating a worded production in order to create a YouTube video. I had made two earlier YouTube videos but each had different levels of skill that had to be incorporated. I later felt that I can add even more to this presentation and in the near future will create other multimedia presentations to be used for my interest in gardening, forestry, carpentry, sewing, and crocheting. This experience has given me confidence on my ability to go further. (2010)
The 9. & 10. The following two presentations where done more than ten years ago using the Discovery Channel United Streaming Videos as an embedded component. I did not have access to any interactive tools during this time, but the opportunity to incorporate a video into what was a plain PowerPoint a more exciting presentation at the time. Now we have many Web 2.0 tools that can be used to make these into highly interactive lessons. The last presentation was done when I started to learn how to put a little transition into a PowerPoint, which was poorly done. It was accompanied by a separated United Streaming Video on Energy. because I had not learned very much more at this early creation. (20.16.2017)
2011. Every year the museum participates in the Space Night Event in Burleson ISD's High School where young students engage in a competition to see if they can create a scientific research for developing ideas for space exploration and colonization of planets. The Monnig Meteorite Gallery has been a part of this event for the last three years and last year they created a show video showcasing its students and the visiting organizations. Attached is the advertising video of this annual event. I am adding it because I am highlighted in one of the clips. (2010/2016)
September 26, 2017 Radio Interview on Angel Eyes Network with Rachel Watkins
November 2017, Science Night at Burleson High School. Monnig Meteorite Gallery Outreach Event
February 15, 2018 An article written about me in the College of Science and Engineering Newsletter written by an student communications intern who interviewed individuals in the department.
May 16-19,2018; Presentation at the 14th Annual International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry (IQC) held at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois.
October 4-6, 2018 Presentation at the American Association for Teaching & Curriculum (AATC) 25th Anniversary Annual Conference in Dallas, TX.